- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Queen Elizabeth II was the first, and to date, the only reigning British monarch to visit Australia.
- Translation: Elizabeth II by the Grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith
||Graded By Seller
||CAPTAIN NIKKIESAVAGE’S COLLECTIBLES
Queen Elizabeth II was the first, and to date, the only reigning British monarch to visit Australia. When the 27 year old sailed into Sydney harbour on 3 February 1954, she practically stopped the nation. Her arrival at Farm Cove, where Captain Arthur Phillip raised the British flag 165 years before her, attracted an estimated 1 million onlookers in a city with a population of 1,863,161 (1954 ABS Census). Those who couldn’t be there in person could listen to ABC radio’s nation-wide coverage of the historic occasion. Amalgamated Wireless Australia (AWA) helped make history when it filmed the Queen setting foot on Australian soil and relayed the footage to the Spastic Centre in Mosman – thus the royal arrival became the first televised event in Australia.
- Package Dimensions : 4 x 3 x 0.3 inches; 0.71 Ounces
- Date First Available : October 14, 2022
- ASIN : B0BJ7PWW25
- Country of Origin : Australia
| Package Dimensions
|| 4 x 3 x 0.3 inches
| Item Weight
|| 0.705 ounces
| Country of Origin
| Date First Available
|| October 14, 2022